Economic solutions for tool setting in length and radius as well as for tool breakage detection. Precise and reliable measurements thanks to cutting-edge measuring mechanism technology with optoelectronic switch signal generation.
ZX-Speed Series – Reliable tool measuring probes for a wide variety of machines
Wear-free and optoelectronic signal generation
High-precision and modern measuring mechanism
The most up-to-date transmission technologies
- ZX-Speed: Hardwired
- ZX-Speed IR: Infrared Transmission
- ZX-Speed RC: BRC Radio Technology
- DUO-Mode: Sequential use of 2 infrared measuring systems with one receiver
- Sequential use of up to 6 radio measuring systems with one receiver
- TWIN mode: Simultaneous use of 2 radio measuring systems on one machine
- Very long battery life
BLUM tool measuring probes for tool setting and tool breakage detection
3D tool measuring probes by BLUM can be used for the most varied measurement and monitoring tasks in CNC machining centres.
Non-contact breakage detection of centric tools such as drills, mills, engraving tools, taps and reamers.
Automatic setting and wear monitoring of tools by quick and precise length measurement.
Automatic recording of tool diameter and wear through quick and precise radius measurement.
Compensation of tool wear using measurements between the machining steps. The wear value is stored as an additive correction value in the tool offset memory.
Compensation of the temperature-dependant thermal behaviour of machining centres.
Reliable and fast measurements in coolant thanks to modern measuring mechanism and robust design.
Ideally suited to mass production under the harshest conditions.
Additional product features
- Max. probing speed: 2 m/min
- Repeatability: 0.4 μm 2σ (standard)
- Min. tool diameter: 1 mm*
- Protection class IP68
- Exchangeable measuring surface
- Extremely robust
* Depending on geometry and material of tool. Probing force must not result in damage to tool.
Additional information can be found in the relevant brochure and in the operating manual.
BLUM Measuring Cycles
The measuring cycles are available for many conventional controls. Your local BLUM-representative will gladly inform you about the range of features for your control.