Economic solutions for tool breakage detection and tool length measurement in CNC machining centres. Measurements of unrivalled speed and precision under the most adverse manufacturing conditions using a modern measuring mechanism based on a linear working principle and optoelectronic switch signal generation.
Z-Nano series – Reliable tool breakage detection that avoids subsequent damage
- Z-Nano: Hard-wired
- Z-Nano IR: Infrared transmission
- Z-Nano RC: BRC radio technology
- DUO-Mode: Sequential use of 2 infrared measuring systems with one receiver
- Sequential use of up to 6 radio measuring systems with one receiver
- TWIN mode: Simultaneous use of 2 radio measuring systems on one machine
- Very long battery life
Tool measuring probes by BLUM can be used for the most varied measurement and monitoring tasks in CNC machining centres.
Non-contact breakage detection of centric tools such as drills, mills, engraving tools, taps and reamers.
Automatic setting and wear monitoring of tools by quick and precise length measurement.
Compensation of tool wear using measurements between the machining steps. The wear value is stored as an additive correction value in the tool offset memory.
Compensation of the temperature-dependent thermal behaviour of machining centres.
Reliable and fast measurements in coolant thanks to modern measuring mechanism and robust design.
Perfectly suitable for mass production under the harshest conditions.
- Max. probing speed: 2 m/min
- Repeatability: 0.5 μm 2σ (standard)
- Min. tool diameter: > 0,1 mm*
- Protection class IP68
- Exchangeable measuring surface
- Extremely robust
BLUM’s tool breakage detection system stops the machine immediately when a defective tool is discovered. Our scrap rate has decreased by 90% on issues caused by broken tools.